Tuesday, April 13, 2021
Plan B – When First Responders are Delayed (Basic) Philip Heavilin, CFM, Facilities Manager, Shiawassee Health & Wellness.
Preparing for the unthinkable: a violent intruder. What if first responders are delayed? Do you have a back-up plan? This session brainstorms practices and “engineered controls” designed to slow down an intruder buying time for law enforcement. Presented by a professional facilities manager who finds himself thrust into the world of emergency management, his session will offer ideas for minor, and often inexpensive modifications to existing assets that slow an intruder down as they attempt to spread harm.
Cyber-Sense: Awareness & Preparation (Basic-Advanced) Jeff Hoffman, Detective Sergeant, Michigan State Police.
The Michigan Cyber Command Center (MC3) will discuss the current cyber threat landscape and what organizations should consider prior to a cyber-related incident affecting their systems.
Wednesday, April 14, 2021
12:30 pm (co-sponsored by the Healthcare Division)
CMS Emergency Preparedness Final Rule – Is Your Facility Compliant? (Basic-Advanced) Melissa Jackson, Director for Quality and Performance Excellence, Henry Ford Health System.
On September 8, 2016 the Federal Register posted the final rule “Emergency Preparedness Requirements for Medicare and Medicaid Participating Providers and Suppliers. The regulation went into effect on November 16, 2016. This session will review the final rule, including Appendix Z, and help leaders achieve compliance in their organizations.
- Co-Chair: Mark Jones, CIH, CSP, Plastipak
- Co-Chair: Paul DeNapoli, MSA, CFDSO, EMT-P, Livonia Fire & Rescue (retired)
- Division: John Bennett, ITBMC, CBCP, CRISC, PEM, Hospital Network Ventures LLC
- Heather Casey, Jane Doe Investigations
- John Cieslik, BCSP, City of Rochester Fire Department
- Alycia Haskins, 1st Choice Mediation
- Will Hayes, PEM, CSSP, PCP, Canton Public Safety
- Brian Kahn, PEM, Livonia Police Department
- Maria Kinsler, Henry Ford Health System
- Judith Wheeler, MSSM, CHSP, PEM, Beaumont Hospital
- Mingyu Wu, PhD, CSP, Grand Valley State University