Exhibit Rules and Regulations
- All charges for exhibit space must be paid in full by April 14, 2024. Exhibitors not complying will not be allowed to move in.
- The Michigan Safety Conference, their agents or representatives, cannot guarantee, by your exhibiting at this event, any financial gain to you or your organization; nor can the conference guarantee the number of attendees.
- Refunds: No refunds will be made if spaces engaged are not used, nor will any refund be made for space used part of the time. Cancellation of exhibit space must be directed in writing to the address specified herein. In no event will a refund be made for a cancellation after the date specified. Space not occupied by show opening may be used by Michigan Safety Conference for any use they deem necessary, with no refund due.
- Liability for loss, theft, property damage or destruction and personal injury:
A. Exhibitor hereby waives any and all claims against the Michigan Safety Conference, their agents or representatives, resulting from loss, theft, damage, or destruction to its property, or from personal injuries to it, its’ agents, and/or employees.
B. Exhibitor assumes full and complete responsibility for any damage that may occur when moving exhibit material in or out of facility, or destruction of property of others, or person(s) participating in the trade show.
C. Exhibitor hereby waives any right of indemnification which it may have against the Michigan Safety Conference, their agents or representatives, for any and all claims arising from exhibiting.
- Insurance: It is expressly acknowledged that the Michigan Safety Conference, their agents or representatives, have not purchased insurance of any kind for the benefit of the exhibitor, nor is it under any obligation to do so.
The exhibitor agrees to obtain the following insurance coverage during this event, including move in and move out days: a) Comprehensive general liability insurance coverage including protective and contractual liability coverage; b) Employers liability insurance; c) Workers’ Compensation coverage in full compliance with federal and state laws; d) Comprehensive General Automobile liability insurance covering owned, non-owned and hired vehicles including loading/unloading hazards.
- The exhibitor agrees to abide by all rules and regulations of the building in which the event takes place. All rules and regulations are on file in the general office of the building. No part of any exhibit or any signs relating theretofore, shall be pasted, nailed or otherwise attached to the walls, doors, etc., in any way as to deface same. Damage arising by failure to observe these rules shall be paid by the exhibitor. Helium balloons are not permitted on the premises.
- All exhibitors must conform to the size of their space and must not be of such character or arrangement as to obstruct the view or interfere with the exhibits of others. Nothing shall be displayed at a height above the back wall of the booth, which is 8’. Exhibitors having displays requiring greater depth than are shown on the floor plan, or those requiring greater height than the 8’ limits for their background display, MUST arrange with the Michigan Safety Conference for space on the perimeter. Where additional depth is required, the prorata rate per square foot will apply. There will be no hanging of banners or signs of a political nature in any booth.
- The rights and privileges of an exhibitor shall not be infringed upon by any other exhibitor. Interviews, demonstrations, distribution of literature, etc., must be made inside the exhibitor’s booth. Canvassing outside of your booth is forbidden. All exhibitors must wait to dismantle exhibits until show closing.
- Motion picture projectors and other apparatus must conform to the state and/or city fire regulations. All draperies or other fabrics must be fire retardant before entering into the decoration of any exhibit. Paper decorations are not permitted. Electrical wiring must conform with the local fire codes.
- Advertising material or signs of companies, other than those who have engaged space, are prohibited. CANVASSING, SOLICITATION OR BUSINESS IN THE INTEREST OF BUSINESS, EXCEPT BY EXHIBITING COMPANIES, IS PROHIBITED. THE MICHIGAN SAFETY CONFERENCE WILL APPRECIATE BEING INFORMED OF ANY INFRACTION OF THIS RULE.
- Rude, disruptive or quarrelsome behavior, unethical conduct, infraction of rules or any sexually oriented material, exchanging product on the show floor, on the part of an exhibitor or their representatives, or both, will subject the exhibitor or their representatives to dismissal from the exhibit hall. In this event it is agreed no refund shall be made by the Michigan Safety Conference and further no demand for refund will be made by the exhibitor or their representatives.
- The Michigan Safety Conference, their agents or representatives will not be liable for the fulfillment of this lease as to delivery of space if non-delivery is due to any of the following causes: by fire, acts of God, strikes, the authority of the law, or for any other causes beyond the Michigan Safety Conference’s control.
- Change of time, place, or floor plan: The Michigan Safety Conference, their agents or representatives shall have the right to change the location, time and floor plan of the trade show.
- REGISTERED EXHIBITORS will be admitted to the exhibit hall. All other attendees must register to enter.
- Your company, or your company representatives, or your agents shall be held jointly, collectively and individually responsible for any and all debts incurred for all exhibit costs, fees, charges and any violation of these Rules and Regulations.
- Exhibits and Public Policy: Exhibitor is charged with knowledge of all laws, ordinances and regulations pertaining to health, fire prevention, public safety and State sales tax while participating in this showing. Compliance with such laws is mandatory for all exhibitors and sole responsibility is that of the exhibitor. No political displays permitted.
- Loud speakers, radios, television sets, or the operation of any machinery or equipment which is sufficient volume as to be annoying to neighboring exhibitors will not be permitted. Tables or platforms on which a monitor is placed cannot exceed a height of 42 inches, and it must be positioned in the rear of the display.
- Subletting of Space: The exhibitor shall not assign, sublet, or apportion the whole or any part of the space assigned, or have representatives, equipment or materials from companies other than their own in the exhibit space without written consent of the Michigan Safety Conference.
- Soliciting for exhibits or any other reason by registered or unregistered persons, companies or associations is strictly forbidden, unless approved by the Michigan Safety Conference. Violation of this regulation will result in removal from the show premises immediately and is subject to any and all remedies available by law.
- The Michigan Safety Conference has the right to refuse an exhibitor on the grounds of incompatibility with the event, or anything deemed as a safety violation determined by the Michigan Safety Conference. TENS Unit sales are banned from the show.
- Any exhibitor selling or distributing food products is solely responsible to pay any concession fee. Approval must be granted from the facility in advance.
- The exhibitor authorizes the Michigan Safety Conference, their employees or agents to use exhibitors’ name to promote the event and to solicit other exhibitors for this and future events.
- Exhibitor agrees to pay, when due, all royalties, license fees or other charges accruing or becoming due to any company, person or corporation by reason of any music, either live or recorded, or other entertainment of any kind or nature, played staged or produced by the Exhibitor, its agents, employees or subtenants within the premises covered by the License Agreement including but not limited to, royalties or licensing fees due to BMI, ASCAP or SESAC. Exhibitor agrees to hold harmless this event, its agents and employees against any and all such claims and charges, and to defend, at its own expense, any and all such claims and charges. Exhibitor shall have the right, however, to protest and if desired, to litigate and adjudicate any and all such claims.
- The Michigan Safety Conference will make available to Exhibitor an official service contractor (Decorator) for the purpose of providing utilities, furnishings, accessories, tables, drapery, spotlight, signs, models, labor for erecting and dismantling exhibits, etc. Exhibitor must receive consent from the Michigan Safety Conference for outside services. It is expressly understood that the service contractor is not the agent or employee of the Michigan Safety Conference and that the Michigan Safety Conference shall not be liable to exhibitor or any other person for the acts or omissions of the official service contractor.
- Litigation arising from alleged infringement of copyrights, trademarks and patents is the sole responsibility of the exhibitor.
- All points not covered herein are subject to settlement by the Michigan Safety Conference Board of Directors.