This training division page sponsored by:
Tuesday, April 16, 2019
Certified Crane Operator (CCO) Update (Intermediate) Graham Brent, Chief Executive Officer, NCCCO-National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators, and Derek Sathers, Operating Engineers Local 324 Journeyman & Apprentice Training.
Federal OSHA published a proposed rule regarding the Certified Crane Operator requirement. This will be a presentation and discussion from one of the participants of the ongoing rule making process.
MIOSHA Construction Safety and Health Division Update (Basic) Eric Allen, CSHD Health and Safety Manager, MIOSHA.
An update of the MIOSHA Construction Safety and Health Division. This presentation provides an overview of MIOSHA’s Construction Enforcement Division, providing attendees with information on enforcement issues, ongoing/new initiatives and the direction that MIOSHA is taking.
Multi-Employer Work Sites in Construction (Advanced) Paul Wrzesinski, Associated General Contractors of Michigan.
This session will provide an overview of the MIOSHA “Instruction regarding Multi-Employer Work Sites related to Construction”. Content will review how this document impacts the responsibilities of safety and health for contractors working on projects no matter the size and the regulatory implications for controlling, creating, exposing and correcting employers as defined in the MIOSHA Instruction.
Roadwork Work Zone and Safety Issues: An MDOT Perspective (Basic) Jim Gaus, Occupational Safety Specialist, Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT).
This session will be a review of health and safety concerns observed on roadway construction, maintenance, and utility projects and discussion on how to prevent these concerns from happening in the future. The program will also include a short review of resources on work zones.
Wednesday, April 17, 2019
Best Practices for Construction (Intermediate) Steve Aleo, Regional Safety Manager, Retired; Terry Sundt, Senior Safety and Health Engineer, DTE Energy; and Mike Listello, Supervisor of Safety and Health, DTE Energy.
What is a best practice? This session will cover the benefits of best practices for both employees and contractors. It will also cover some strategies of developing best practices as well as provide best practices of various phases of the construction project.
Ground Person/Spotter (Intermediate) Doug Hayes, CSP, Safety Director, AECOM Hunt, and Daryl Gallant, Assistant Training Director at Michigan Laborers Training and Apprenticeship Institute (MLTAI).
Various operations of construction equipment can create vulnerable areas to other workers on job sites. This discussion will provide information on how to properly train employees to assist the operator of the construction equipment and to look out for other workers safety while working on job sites.
Excavation Hazards (Intermediate) Timothy Maguire, Senior Safety Manager, Barton Malow, and Bob Nash, Trainer, Operating Engineers Local 324 Journeyman & Apprentice Training Center.
This session will include methods/practices to stay in compliance with MIOSHA standards while performing underground work activities.
Fall Protection (Intermediate) Jason Giefer, Application Engineer, 3M Fall Protection, and Reo Rodriguez, Construction Division Supervisor, MIOSHA.
Various scenarios on construction sites require employers to comply with different parts of the fall protection standard. This presentation will go through various scenarios to determine what rules apply and how to work in compliance.
A Seat at the Table (Advanced) Aaron Munoz, Motor City Electric.
How do I get my idea to the C-Suite? This session will include a perspective from all aspects of construction: employees, field management, and executive management, to incorporate each other’s role to achieve a safe and efficient job site.
- Co-Chair: Dave Thayer, Mears Group, Inc.
- Co-Chair: Eric Allen, MIOSHA Construction Safety & Health Division
- Vice-Chair: Jason Griffon, Construction Association of Michigan
- Division: Steve Aleo
- Anthony Allam, Barton Malow Company
- Jonathan Anglin, Ideal Contracting
- Emily Barber, Mears Group, Inc.
- Sue Becker, S.L. Becker Electric, Inc.
- Ted Bergin, Wolverine Building Group
- Lynn Coleman, MI Laborers Training & Appr.
- Blake Davis, Superior Electric Great Lakes Company
- Dan Engel, Wolverine Fire Protection
- Lee Graham, Operating Engineers 324 LMEC
- Carl Granger, CSP, SMS, Woods Construction, Inc.
- Zack Hansmann, CSP, CHMM, Michigan State University
- Marty Hansen, Commercial Contracting Corporation
- Douglas Hayes, CSP, ARM, SMS, AECOM Hunt
- Mike Listello, CSP, DTE Energy
- Richard Mee, RJM Construction Services, LLC
- Aaron Munoz, Motor City Electric Company
- Kevin Parker, Mears Group, Inc.
- John Pike, CSP, CHST, CET, The Walsh Group
- Kristina Roege Wilson, Occupational Industrial Hygienist
- Troy Rouse, COSS, Mears Group, Inc.
- Robert Sherriff, Sherriff-Goslin Co.
- Andrew Smith, Michigan State University
- Bernie Sunday, Sherriff-Goslin Company
- Mike Sunday, Sheffiff-Goslin Company
- Terry Sundt, Belle River PP – MEP Construction Trailer
- Steve Tighe, Wolverine Building Group
- Paul Wrzesinski, Associated General Contractors of Michigan